What is firmware?
Firmware is a type of software that provides control and monitoring of devices. It can be flashed into devices to change their behavior, or it can run on devices to provide management and control. Firmware is often used in embedded systems, such as smart TVs, wireless routers, and other Internet-of-Things devices.
Creality CR-10s pro firmware 1.70.1:
Creality cr-10s pro firmware 1.70.1 improves the reliability of printing by adding new features and fixing bugs. You can download the latest firmware at creality3d official website.
There are two ways to update firmware: using TF card or using USB cable. Here we take updating firmware via TF card for example:
- Insert the TF card into the printer and connect the printer to your computer via USB cable.
- Turn on the printer and wait until it is connected to the computer.
- Open the firmware file you have downloaded and copy it to the root directory of the TF card.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off the printer.
- Insert the TF card into the printer and turn on the printer. The firmware will be updated automatically.
After updating firmware, you may need to adjust some settings in order to get better printing results. You can find these settings in “Printer Settings” dialog box:
What is TF card?
TF card, also known as TransFlash or microSD card, is a type of flash memory used in portable devices. It is typically used in smartphones and tablets, but it can also be used in other types of devices, such as digital cameras and gaming consoles.
TF cards are small and lightweight, making them ideal for portable devices. They are also relatively affordable, making them a popular choice for budget-conscious consumers.
The root directory is the top-level directory of a file system. It is the directory that contains all other directories and files on a system. The root directory is sometimes referred to as the “root folder” or “root drive.”
On Windows systems, the root directory is typically located at C:\. On Mac systems, it is typically located at /. On Linux systems, it is typically located at /.
What is a USB cable?
A USB cable is a type of cable used to connect a computer to a peripheral device, such as a printer, mouse, or keyboard. USB cables are also used to connect smartphones and other devices to computers.
USB cables come in different types, such as Type-A, Type-B, and Type-C. The most common type of USB cable is the Type-A to Type-B cable, which is used to connect a computer to a printer.
The Type-A connector is the standard rectangular connector found on most computers and peripherals.
The Type-B connector is the square connector found on devices such as printers and scanners.
The Type-C connector is the newest type of USB connector. It is smaller than other types of USB connectors and can be used with smaller devices, such as smartphones.
What are the new features in firmware 1.70.1?
There are a few new features in this firmware update. Firstly, there is now an “automatic bed leveling” feature which will help to ensure your prints are more accurate.
Secondly, you can now select between “normal” and “fine” print quality settings, depending on how much detail you need in your prints. Finally, there have been some bug fixes and performance improvements with this update.
What should I do if my printer fails to update successfully?
If your printer fails to update successfully, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that you have extracted the contents of the zip file to a new folder before attempting to update the firmware
- Ensure that your printer is connected to your computer via USB cable during the firmware update process
- If you are using a Windows computer, make sure that you have administrator privileges when updating the firmware
- If you are still unable to update your printer’s firmware successfully, please contact our support team for further assistance.
Reason of using firmware:
1. Improve the printing quality
2. Fix bugs
3. Add new features
4. Support new materials or printers
5. Increase compatibility with other devices or software
Bugs of creality cr-10s pro:
1. The filament runs out alarm doesn’t work
2. Filament diameter is not detected accurately
3. G-code is not correctly processed
4. There are noise when printing
5. The fan doesn’t start when it should
6. Printer stops in the middle of a print job
7. Some Chinese characters are garbled in the LCD display
8. The printer can’t be connected to the computer via USB cable
9. Other problems that need to be fixed.
Q: How do I install the firmware update?
A: To install the firmware update, you will need to connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable. Once connected, open the Firmware Update tool and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Q: I’m having trouble connecting my computer to the printer. What could be the problem?
A: Please make sure that the printer is properly plugged into the computer and that the drivers are installed correctly. If you’re still having trouble, please contact our support team for assistance.
Q: What should I do if my print isn’t coming out correctly?
A: First, check to make sure that your filament is loaded correctly and that there is no obstruction in the nozzle. If the problem persists, please contact our support team for assistance.
Q: I am having difficulty connecting my printer to my computer. What could be the problem?
A: There are a few possible reasons why you might have difficulty connecting your printer to your computer:
- The USB cable you are using is faulty or damaged
- The USB port on your computer is not working properly
- You do not have administrator
Q: What are the new features in firmware 1.70.1?
A: The new features in firmware 1.70.1 include:
- An improved filament sensor that can more accurately detect when a print has finished
- Faster printing speeds on some models
- Bug fixes and performance improvements